Terms and Conditions | Procedures and Policies
All Dogs must be fully up to date with their vaccinations and we do recommend the kennel cough vaccination. Flea and Tic treatments as well as worming must also all be up to date.
• The owner will be responsible for any loss or damage caused by their dog whilst in our care.
• Should your dog have any accidents that results in veterinary treatment whilst in our care, you will be responsible for this.
• Should your dog cause any damage to our homes whilst boarding, you will be responsible for this.
• Stardust will not held accountable for vet fees or third party claims whilst your dog is in our care.
• You must make us fully aware of any behavioural, health or training issues your dog may have. Failure to do so may result in your dog being deemed unsuitable for walking/ home boarding.
• Failure to disclose such information, will result in a breach of our agreement.
• In the event of an emergency, we will do everything necessary to contact you, however we recommend you provide a contact number of a trusted third party should we be unable to get you.
• Should we fail to make contact Stardust reserves the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s wellbeing, acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon.
• You will be responsible for any vet fees incurred by Stardust.
• Late Payment Of Commercial Debts Act 1988 amended 1998 & 2002, for those who pay weekly, payment is due no later than the Friday of each week.
• Failure to do so, will result in an initial late payment fee of £15 and £1 per day until payment is made in full. Our services may be terminated if deemed appropriate, however any booked walks will be charged.
• For those paying monthly, payment is due in full no later than 28th of each month, excluding Bank holidays and December, where payment is required on the last day of trading before the Christmas break.
• Failure to do so will result in an initial late payment fee of £15, then £1 per day until payment is made in full. Our services may be terminated if deemed appropriate, however any booked walks will be charged.
• If you are going on holiday and your dog will not be walking with us during this time, please provide no less than 4 weeks notice, otherwise full fee will be required.
• During any absences, you will be required to pay a retainer fee to keep your dog’s place. This will form 50% of your usual weekly fee for the duration of absence. This should be paid in full before holidays commence. Failure to do so will result in your dog being removed from our service.
• We all advise you at least 1 month of our holidays, however cover will be provided so there will be no disruption to the walking schedule. We do not work any bank holidays or weekends. We also close down over the festive period. A list of Stardust holidays is provided in January of each year.
Booking of doggy walks/ home boarding
• All doggy walks should be booked at least 1 week in advance, especially those who require doggy day care.
• We will do our best to accommodate last minute emergencies where possible
• Home boarding spaces are limited so we require bookings to be made at least 3 months in advance. Again we will do our best to accommodate last minute emergencies. 50% non refundable deposit is required to secure home boarding slots, this should be paid no later than 2 weeks after the request. The remainder should be made when home boarding commences.
• All bookings should be made via owner’s account on Time to Pet .
Cancellation of walks
• At least 7 days notice is required for cancellation of doggy walks, failure to provide this will result in full charge for the walk.
• For home boarding we require at least 4 weeks notice of a cancellation, however deposits will not be returned.
• Emergencies will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
• Walking – our rates are as stated and are not negotiable.
• Home boarding – our rates are highly competitive and are priced per day, not by night, For example if you are away 10 nights but return in the afternoon of the 11th day, you will pay for 11 days boarding.
• All dogs must bring their own food, collar /lead and something like a blanket or toy which smells of home and will help them settle in.
• You will be responsible for any additional costs incurred ie additional food, should you fail to provide enough.
• Should you no longer require to use our services, 7 days written notice is required. Failure to provide adequate notice will result in 50% fee of your dogs usual weekly walks.
• Stardust Doggy Care reserves the right to terminate our agreement at any time if the terms are not adhered to.
• Following termination, full payment for any outstanding services, should be paid immediately.
• Once full and final payment has been received, customer’s house keys will be returned. Keys are not held indefinitely, should we fail to hear from you within a reasonable timescale, keys held by Stardust will be destroyed.
Business Hours and contact
• Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am – 3pm Friday. We do not work evenings or weekends.
• You will receive a response as soon as possible, usually within 3 working days.
• The dog walking team work 9am – 4pm Monday – Friday
• All complaints must be made in writing for the attention of Samantha MacLachlan firstname.lastname@example.org
• A response will be submitted once the matter has been investigated, please see our complaints policy for further details